The candidate should possess advanced knowledge of currently supported Microsoft Windows operating systems, Mac OS/iOS, desktop, and laptop computers (both Mac and PC), printers, scanners, and other peripheral devices. In addition, the candidate should have advanced knowledge of antivirus, backup solutions, software deployment, hard drive encryption, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The candidate should have excellent customer service skills and possess the ability to work independently or as a team. The candidate should be comfortable working on important IT support initiatives and delivering positive results.
- Provides advanced end-user support for all IT-related issues.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors Desktop Support trouble tickets to ensure a timely resolution.
- Responds to telephone calls, emails, and tickets for technical support.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, tests, and resolves complex desktop end-user problems
- Maintains precise and accurate accounting of IT inventory, licensing, and assets
- Installs, maintains, and repairs hardware components to ensure optimal performance is achieved
- Recommends system modifications to reduce incidents and problems
- Remotely installs software applications
- Builds images for desktops
- Prep equipment shipments
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
- Create and maintain knowledge-base and reference documentation
- Provides excellent customer service
- Creates user accounts and maintains end-user security in various systems.
- Assists Infrastructure and Development groups as needed.
- Provides training to end-users on hardware-related items.
- Assists or leads important IT tasks and projects. Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill the requirements of the position
- Reasonable and consistent Attendance to fulfill the requirement of the position
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in Computers or related field preferred; and 2 years relevant experience in Desktop Support; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred
- All skills, abilities, and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
- Ability to participate as an active team member of the team and organization and work toward a common goal. Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
- Working knowledge, principles, and practices of office management/systems within a higher education environment, preferred. Demonstrates an understanding of underlying organizational issues.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Endpoint Management, Intune, Group Policies, or Active Directory
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, deadlines, and frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to drive towards achieving measurable and challenging goals to support organizational success. Demonstrates the ability to focus on achieving results consistent with the organization’s objectives. As a leader, develops goals based on the organization’s vision, mission, strategic goals, and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individual of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of Mac OS and IOS operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop security practices and applications.
- Advance knowledge of virus protection technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of testing and deploying desktop applications using industry best practices.
- Advanced understanding to conduct problem recognition, research solutions, isolation, and follow-up steps.
- Advanced understanding of supporting end-user connectivity from business and home networks, hotel, and outside office networks.
- Advanced understanding of Web/Video conferencing applications.
- Strong understanding of Multifunction Printers/Copiers and desktop printers.
- Advanced understanding of currently supported Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Strong understanding of Apple products and operating systems (MacOS/iOS).
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Networking.
The National University System is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, the National University System is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.
Related Jobs (68)
Interactive Learning Content Developer – WGU Academy on September 24, 2022 Remote
Financial Aid Officer (Hybrid -2 days remote/temp-hire) on September 24, 2022 Remote