Alison is one of the world’s largest free learning platforms for education and skills training. It is a for-profit social enterprise dedicated to making it possible for anyone, to study anything, anywhere, at any time, for free online, at any subject level. Through our mission we are a catalyst for positive social change, creating opportunity, prosperity, and equality for everyone.
We are currently seeking a talented and enthusiastic Customer Insights Analyst to join our team.
You will work alongside all other teams in Alison in order to improve a user’s journey through the site, maximise revenue and increase learner retention rates.
You will work alongside existing team members in order to develop Alison as an industry leading expert in data analytics.
You should be passionate about numbers and data and able to quickly understand and support initiatives that will contribute to the goals and success of Alison.
- Analyse user’s journeys across web and mobile platforms.
- Update daily, weekly and monthly performance reports in order to monitor key performance indicators and metrics.
- Keep up to date on current and emerging trends in both the data science and e-learning sectors.
- Create once off and periodic reports that provide deep analytical insights and actionable solutions into the business.
- Analyse acquisition channel performance and identify areas that could drive growth.
- Analyse conversion funnels and user retention rates in order to identify areas to improve efficiency.
- Manage Alison’s ad exchange platform with the aim of increasing advertising yield across the website.
- Run experiments and multi-variance tests.
- Dig deep into raw database data (mySQL) and both through direct SQL and using analysis tools map data trends to identify both issues and opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years full-time work experience in a similar role.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a data driven environment in order to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in writing efficient and accurate SQL queries and procedures across multiple tables is a requirement.
- Prior work experience working with large datasets is a definite advantage, however exceptional graduates will also be considered for the position.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems using a data driven approach.
- Knowledge and practical experience of using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Webmaster Tools, Google AdSense and Doubleclick for Publishers
- Advanced Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel skills is a definite advantage.
- Experience working with Data Visualisation tools is also an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- BA/BS required.
Location: Remote Home-Based
Related Jobs (61)
Online Full-Time Faculty – Computer Science on November 26, 2020