Get to know us
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
The Critical Environments Controls Engineer primarily focuses on all Site BMS; monitoring, maintaining and innovating improvements for all Critical Environments. This position includes associated in-field controls interaction for all power and HVAC systems and equipment. Secondarily, the candidate will assist with departmental critical operations, as needed, at our primary data center location. Our Critical Environments department centers on KTLO, capacity growth, efficiency and site improvement needed to support Critical IT equipment and overall Go Daddy business.
As Controls Engineer of Critical Environments, you will be monitoring and maintaining all BMS program operations to ensure all HVAC equipment and critical power infrastructure stays optimally operational, you will be on call 24/7, support operational facilities systems uptime of (5) 9’s and supervising vendors to perform maintenance and install work concerning BMS and associated controls. This job will require you to share work in the field on site with our other BMS tech, to build and install controllers from time to time. You will perform routine analysis of trending, using our BMS systems to provide reports covering power and HVAC systems/equipment performance, with the intention of showcasing normal use factors, expected room and site kW growth, anomaly identification and corrective measures recommendations as needed. Providing BMS and controls information and support for projects, proposals, installations, testing and commissioning. Software and hardware engineering with a proficiency in developing prints and sequence of operations is a must. You would be responsible for ensuring good engineering practices in the use of all BMS programs and controls interaction in the field. Expectations include fostering positive vendor relationships and cross training your peers in the department in high-level BMS interaction. This job requires the ability to respond immediately to business-impacting events related to critical environment systems and work with supervisors, managers and all departmental teams supporting the Data Center (DC Ops, DC Eng and IDO). You may also provide support when needed for any IT productions rooms and equipment at other GoDaddy sites.
What you’ll get to do…
- Monitor and maintain all department BMS systems for all power and HVAC systems and equipment for our primary/owned data center equipment. This is to include possessing an experienced background in the mechanical field with keen knowledge and practical experience of commercial mechanical systems, chillers and central plant operations.
- Review, manage and operate all monitoring systems includes: BMS for critical power, HVAC and fire panel computer.
- Monitor and oversee vendors in relation to BMS and associated controls work. (Chillers, CRAC’s, CRAH’s, UPS, Generators, ATS, switchgear, fire suppression, controls, and central plant) and property (owned by GoDaddy).
- Able to perform high level troubling shooting on critical system controls and controllers. Detail level trouble shooting on mechanical equipment controls a requirement.
- Operate and maintain all critical environment controls located in server, MDF and IDF rooms and other critical spaces.
- Communicate: Work with peers and teammates for our customers and their needs, GoDaddy employees (DC operations, DC Eng, GDS, networking, storage, business continuity, Security and NOC.)
- On call 24/7 as needed.
- Primary shift will be during the day, M-F but needs to be able to work a flexible work schedule when needed (deployments, hot months, emergency call, off shift, vacation coverage.)
- Help create, use, operate and work with a CMMS program (equipment information, equipment history, work orders etc.)
- Maintain records: ServiceNow, JIRA, PUE calcs, manuals and others, as needed.
- Able to self-manage and make decisions within job responsibilities/scope in the Critical Environments industry and in a fast-paced environment.
- Competent in performing analysis of trending using our BMS systems to provide reports covering power and HVAC systems/equipment performance, with the intention of showcasing normal use factors, expected kW growth, anomaly identification and corrective measures recommendations.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with DCCE operational teammates and other departments to find solutions to challenges.
- Possess the strong desire to research the site and innovate efficiency improvements.
Your experience should include…
- Trade school and/or eight to ten years comparable field experience in Data Center BMS and in-field controls operations.
- Automated Logic platform BMS strong experience required, install, repairs and programming.
- Andover platform BMS experience required, install, repairs and programming.
- Site Scan platform experience a plus.
- Tridium (Niagra) BMS experience a plus.
- BMS server replacement, configurations and cabling experience a plus.
- Eight to ten years’ experience in HVAC controls, to include experience in data center environments or comparable environments.
- Knowledge of York centrifugal chillers, Liebert mechanical gear (CRACs, CRAHs), DX cooling, WHSPs, FCUs and deeply understands how a chiller plant functions in reference to the associated BMS.
- Expert knowledge of Data Center mechanical systems and facility operations.
- Expert BMS and controls troubleshooting, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in using a computer and experience with BMS systems, Microsoft programs, etc. (Strong background in Word, Excel, PPT, AutoCAD, Visio)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and able to learn new DC concepts in controls, BMS and other critical infrastructure.
- Can work as a team or as an individual.
- Physical Stamina and agility enough to stand, walk, climb up and down ladders, and engage in similar physical activities as necessary to access all areas of facilities to operate, repair and maintain.
We’ve got your back…
- Enjoy our many benefits(My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
Related Jobs (30)
Delivery Practice Manager – Remote Consulting Services on April 18, 2021 Remote