The School of Nursing seeks dynamic, innovative faculty in the Master of Science in Nursing program’s Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner(PMHNP) track. The key responsibilities of the position are to teach courses in the specialty area of PMHNP. This position reports to the appropriate PMHNP Specialty Coordinator in the MSN program in the School of Nursing. Part-time (Contributing) faculty members will also work with other faculty as well as administrators in the College.
Additionally, faculty members are responsible for maintaining a program of scholarship and/or practice in the area of their specialty, and may assist with faculty orientation, development, mentoring/monitoring, and evaluation; part-time (contributing) faculty may also participate in school and university committee service.
Walden’s MSN is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Officially recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is an autonomous accrediting agency, contributing to the improvement of the public’s health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.
What to Expect as a Walden Faculty Member
Faculty members educate Walden University students by effectively and proficiently using online technology and resources so that knowledge, information, feedback, and critique are imparted to and shared with students in thoughtful, carefully formulated, well written, and timely communications. This is accomplished in an environment that is respectful of the student, the faculty member, Walden University, and the discipline in which the faculty member is involved.
All new faculty members receive specific training from Walden University in the techniques of online teaching; use of an electronic learning platform; specifics of the policies, procedures, and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to teach; socialization into the Walden University culture; assessment of academic integrity of student work (including use ofwww.turnitin.com); and research supervision of theses and dissertations. Teaching and mentorship assignments are contingent upon successful completion of required training. During the first term of teaching, faculty members may be assigned a faculty peer mentor (senior colleague) as an extension of their new instructor training. Peer mentors will continue to support instruction and provide peer reviews of the classroom on a regular basis.
EVIDENCE OF CURRENT RN AND APRN LICENSE IN ONE OF THE 50 STATES IN THE US REQUIRED. ALL NP FACULTY ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO OBTAIN RN AND APRN LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF MN AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF CURRENT ADVANCED PRACTICE CERTIFICATION BEFORE HIRE AS NURSE PRACTITIONER FACULTY AT WALDEN UNIVERSITY. THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A BONUS UPON HIRE.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will:
- Earned Doctorate degree -earned from a regionally accredited institution and must hold at least one graduate degree in the field of nursing from a regionally accredited institution (without an MSN, the doctorate degree requirement must be in the field of Nursing)
- A record of professional scholarly contributions to their field of specialization.
- Candidates should possess a significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, including a minimum of one year of experience in the practice of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner.
- A minimum of one year experience of teaching in higher education. A minimum of one year experience of teaching at the graduate nursing level.
- Current clinical experience in NP practice.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, team, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Current National certification as a PMHNP.
EVIDENCE OF CURRENT RN AND APRN LICENSE IN ONE OF THE 50 STATES IN THE US REQUIRED. ALL NP FACULTY ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO OBTAIN RN AND APRN LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF MN BEFORE HIRE AS NURSE PRACTITIONER FACULTY AT WALDEN UNIVERSITY.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS WILL BE SUPPORTED THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING RN AND APRN LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF MN AND COMPENSATED FOR LICENSURE RELATED EXPENSES.
Related Jobs (164)
Senior Integration Architect (Java/Node.js) – REMOTE on September 6, 2021 Remote
Associate Director for Expert Guidance, First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
Program Coordinator for First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
ServiceNow Developer/Administrator – Remote Opportunity on September 6, 2021 Remote