The Community Technology Advisor (Advisor) is responsible for initiating and facilitating community leadership meetings and activities designed to empower, educate, and provide broadband/technology technical assistance to communities. Advisors utilize their skills in the areas of team creation, capacity building, facilitation, data gathering, comprehensive planning, and implementation to assist communities in the creation of long-range community broadband/technology plans.
Compensation range for this Independent Contractor position is $32 per hour providing an average of 40 hours of project support per week for an annual amount of approximately $66,560. This Independent Contractor position is not benefits eligible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLILITIES
· Coordinate and manage, on behalf of Connected Nation (CN), and its subsidiary Connected Nation Texas, the activities of community planning teams and provider outreach and engagement through the Connected Community Engagement Program (Connected).
· Identify and train local champions to bring together representatives from local government, education, business & industry, agriculture, healthcare, and other sectors to serve as dedicated participants in the local planning process.
· Utilize provided CN community planning materials, where appropriate and available.
· Organize, convene, and facilitate community planning teams in conducting regular meetings to establish benchmarks, goals, a strategic plan, and data gathering activities.
· With assistance from CN’s communications staff and the volunteers of the regional planning teams, increase regional and local awareness of the planning teams, the planning process, the benefits of increased broadband adoption, and the Connected Nation Texas program through the media and local organizations.
· Administer data, as required of specific projects, in a discrete and auditable fashion.
· Support meetings, press conferences, and other events or special projects.
· Develop connections between local teams and statewide, regional, or national resources, to help teams reach their identified goals.
· Adhere to CN project management methodology in the attainment of programmatic objectives.
· Support Connected Nation Texas and the Connected program sustainability through meetings and outreach to key regional and state stakeholders.
· Support Connected outreach and community engagement in states beyond Texas as needed.
· Maintain a professional/polished presence in a highly-professional setting for all dealings.
· Conduct outreach and marketing activities to raise program awareness and promote program expansion to communities and regional or state organizations.
· Continue to participate in training activities for the proper use and deployment of the Connected Program.
· Enlist new community stakeholders for participation in local community planning teams with proportionate representation. Goal of enlistment should be active participation in community planning, assessment, or data gathering.
· Support the completion of local community assessments utilizing the methodology provided in the Connected Program Data Portal.
· Support the completion of community action plans.
· Maintain and update database of contacts, meeting notes, and project updates within two business days of interactions.
· Candidate has a bachelor’s degree in Planning, Community or Economic Development, Information Technology, Telecommunications Management, Government/Public Administration, or similar discipline required.
· Candidate has five years of experience in a professional setting, skilled in managing projects, and has extensive demonstrated experience and success working with disparate groups of local, regional, and state stakeholders.
· Candidate understands the work proposed in this scope will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to clearly present and communicate technical and management concepts.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Computer and technical literacy skills
· Articulate communicator and strong public speaking skills for giving presentations
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Attention to detail with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Strong work ethic and unquestioned personal and professional integrity
· Ability to periodically work extended hours to meet external deadlines as needed
· Approximately 75% travel time throughout Texas and often in rural communities
· Valid state driver’s license required
· Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to sit at a desk for one or more hours at a time
· Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
· Ability to operate computer, projector, and other equipment in the office and community settings
· Must have sufficient mobility to move around an office and Texas communities
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $32.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Related Jobs (61)
Online Full-Time Faculty – Computer Science on November 26, 2020