Opportunity at a Glance
QualificationsLicensing/Certification: Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, work currently as NP, possess an earned degree from an accredited institution or recognized by a country’s ministry of education in the discipline being taught, and may be expected to be licensed or license-eligible in order to teach in specific programs. Faculty Members must maintain their licenses and any appropriate certifications in order to continue to teach at Walden University. Faculty Members are also expected to maintain currency with research by reviewing articles, journals, and presentations. If participating in research, the Faculty Member may publish and acknowledge Walden University.
Evidence of current RN and APRN license in one of the 50 states in the US required. All NP faculty are also required to obtain RN and APRN licensure in the state of MN and provide evidence of current Advanced Practice Certification before being hired as nurse practitioner faculty at Walden University. This position may be eligible for a bonus upon hire.
Education and/or Experience:
- Earned Master’s in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution, with demonstrated coursework in the advanced nursing practice specialty of psychiatric mental health nursing.
- A minimum of one year experience of teaching or precepting preferred.
- Two years clinical/practical experience as a PMHNP
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, team, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- National certification in the area of PMHNP
EEOWe are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.