Responsibilities of the Career Services Advisor:
- Provide career counseling and job referrals to assist students with the career development process, including clarifying objectives and obtaining occupational information.
- Provide career planning assistance through making Zoom and telephone appointments with students as well as providing online assistance, regularly scheduled group workshops, and live access to Zoom interaction with students.
- Schedule and conduct Mock Interviews for students to be better prepared for actual job interviews
- Help students develop and improve job, communication, & professional etiquette skills to ensure they are able to represent the hiring company as needed
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with students, alumni, faculty, employers, and the general public.
- Initiate contact with and regularly follow up with employers to develop new job opportunities and sustain existing feeder relationships with those employers.
- Assist students with the career development and planning process, including obtaining information on companies, job outlooks, current opportunities for employment, hiring practices, and making the transition from school to career.
- Plan and implement virtual job fairs and inform students of ground-based career fairs related to their academic program and within reasonable driving distance from their homes.
- Distribute information to students on internships, externships, apprenticeships, and summer job opportunities related to academic programs.
- Maintain departmental student files and ensure e-files are accurate, truthful, and current reflecting up-to-date activities and conversations.
- Maintain, update, and keep current on Insightly and Bryan University Career Connection, the online recruitment system and proactively make suggestions to maintain/update the career services website, FB page, and LinkedIn profile.
- Collect and analyze research data relevant to the career planning and placement of students and alumni.
- Collect and electronically file accreditation forms through DocuSign to satisfy ACCSC and potentially other accreditation requirements.
- Document all interactions with students and alumni through Insightly first and then CampusVue, including the date and time at which the activity occurred.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience in career services, student services, recruitment, or some verifiable combination along with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of the career development profession including procedures and processes (related technology experience required).
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint) and Google Workspace (including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Meet).
- Working knowledge of CampusVue/Campus Nexus, Insightly, & ATS systems.
- Proven track record improving placements within an educational environment
- Strong presentation, telephone, webinar, and organizational skills required
- Ability to write and develop professional emails, reports, summaries, marketing flyers, podcasts, text messages, and department updates free of colloquialisms, slang, and unprofessional structure of communication.
- A team mindset with the ability to work in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Experience creating programs from ideation through inception, roll-out, and refinement. Specific examples must be provided.
We believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people! We know that online learning is the best option for students looking to transform their lives. We offer career-focused degree programs that empower BU grads with the knowledge and practical skills that lead directly to professional careers.
BU has been recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Arizona for the past 6 years in a row. We offer a robust benefits package that includes:
- Health Coverage, including: Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability Options, and company-paid Life Insurance
- Award-winning Wellness Program with incentives
- Retirement plan with company match
- Paid Time Off, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid holidays
- Tuition Benefit Program
- Work From Home
Related Jobs (13)
Director, Advancement Marketing & Communications – WGU Advancement on June 24, 2022 Remote