Business Process Automation Engineer
Administrative Information Technology Services (AITS)
University of Illinois System- Urbana
The System Office seeks a Business Process Automation (BPA) Engineer to work within a team environment to design, develop, configure, maintain, optimize and provide technical and functional support for Business Process Automation solutions. The BPA engineer will with work in conjunction with other development and business process improvement group members to design project specifications and application layouts. Hybrid or remote work arrangement for position will be considered based on skills and experience.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and configure business process automation processes according to global design patterns and functional specifications which would include Robotics Process Automation (RPA). Provide estimates on level of effort to develop BPA solution. Develop BPA processes utilizing sound security practices and techniques. Develop BPA processes utilizing sound accessibility practices and techniques.
2. Document implemented solutions.
3. Unit test the automation process to verify that the steps accurate and complete
4. Support the integration tests and user acceptance tests to identify and correct issues with the technical setup of the automation process
5. Assist application administration team in architecting, installing, configuring, documenting and maintaining the University’s enterprise vended applications which would include Robotics Process Automation (RPA) solutions.
6. Provide recommendations and assist with designing and implementing newly purchased or existing enterprise vended process automation applications to ensure fault tolerance and achieve the highest level of availability for clients.
7. Manage and coordinate information systems problem solving, solution development, decision-making, knowledge documentation and participate in planning that will further the mission and vision of the current and future business environment.
8. Support production critical activities during non-business hours, as needed. This may require evening or weekend hours, depending on the business cycle of the University as well as participating in a rotating on-call schedule.
9. Keep informed of and apply contemporary technology related to BPA systems.
10. Interact with vendors regarding software purchases, upgrades, patches, security updates, etc.
11. Other duties as assigned appropriate for an Business Process Automation Engineer.
Education and Experience
Any combination totaling two (2) years from the following categories:
A. progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession, including experience with web and application servers and experience with markup languages such as HTML and XML.
B. college course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
• 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one (1) year
• 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor’s Degree equals two (2) years
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or closely related technical field.
2. Proven Robotics Process Automation (RPA) experience using tools such as Automation Anywhere, UiPath or Blue Prism
3. Experience with Intelligent Business Process Management Suites (iBPMS) such as K2
4. Experience with requirements gathering and business process improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
2. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
3. Ability to work independently, to be a team leader and to work as a team member.
4. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Attention to detail and accuracy.
6. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and to work with shifting priorities and schedules.
7. Working knowledge of relational database concepts including structured queries using SQL and JDBC.
8. Ability to program in at least one programming language (preferably Java, .Net, Cold Fusion, iOS Development Suite, Android Development Suite, etc.)
9. Familiarity with University of Illinois systems and services.
10. Technical knowledge working with the Ellucian Banner ERP system
11. Knowledge of User experience (UX) design principles.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATIONThis is a full-time Civil Service IT Technical Associate position appointed on a 12 month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after May 26, 2022. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by May 26, 2022. Apply for this position by going to http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documents:
- cover letter
- resume (months and years of employment and education information must be included)
- names/contact information for three references
- OPTIONAL: academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or copy of diploma is acceptable). Academic credentials are verified at the time of hire.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position by going to http://jobs.illinois.edu. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Elizabeth Cropper at email@example.com For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
Related Jobs (16)
Business Intel Architect – Eligible for Remote/Hybrid Work on June 23, 2022 Remote
Web Designer – External Relations – Part-Time Temporary (Remote) on June 23, 2022 Remote
Online Adjunct Faculty – Graphic Design and Media Arts on June 22, 2022 Remote