The University of Iowa is seeking a The Business Intel Architect is a technical resource responsible for assisting campus in leveraging institutional data for data informed decision making through data analytics solutions. The Business Intel Architect has a high-level of engagement with the campus stakeholders during the design, implementation, and support of the solution. This includes gathering requirements; aggregating data from various data sources; creating data models and database designs; developing extract, transformation, and load (ETL) strategies; and building reports, dashboards, and analytics solutions. This position will be responsible for critical enterprise applications and sensitive institutional data, so attention to detail and quality are critical.
Ideal candidates will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills as well as a strong commitment to supporting our values that include team focus, creative problem solving, and technical curiosity. You will have the opportunity to grow technically and professionally while working on an energetic and collaborative team.
We provide a challenging work environment at a premier higher education institution. We offer an exceptional benefits package and many other support resources to help employees balance their professional and personal lives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in the BI project planning process to establish business requirements, define deliverables, conduct data analysis, and establish timelines;
- Manage BI solutions throughout the project lifecycle (analysis, design, implementation, operational support);
- Collaborate with key functional stakeholders to better understand their business domain, processes and data;
- Develop visually informative dashboards and customized reports based on business requirements;
- Work with data providers to architect, build, test, and maintain BI data infrastructure;
- Design and implement ETL processes to create data pipelines and aggregate data from multiple sources;
- Research new technologies and industry trends, and determine applicability to our campus environment;
- Provide guidance and mentoring for the campus BI Community.
Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience (typically 5 years) developing enterprise reporting, business intelligence, and analytics solutions.
- Experience delivering BI projects through the full development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, development, implementation, and support.
- Experience with contemporary BI tools (Microsoft, Tableau, IBM, SAP, Qlik, etc)
- Strong analytical, business process, and design skills
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Excellent service orientation and customer relations skills
- Proficiency with BI technologies (preferably MS BI stack including SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS or MS Power BI)
- Extensive proficiency with MS SSIS
- Extensive proficiency with MS Power BI
- Knowledge of relational database design, logical data modeling, data warehousing, and relational database management systems preferably Oracle and MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of data warehousing, business intelligence, and data analytics best practices, methodologies, standards, and architectures
- Experience working with R or Python
- Knowledge of industry trends including data mining, visualization, predictive modeling, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- Experience in higher education and their associated data landscapes
- Project management, facilitation, and organizational skills
Exposure to a team-oriented work environment
Please attach a cover letter and resume in the relevant submission specific attachments for this position using the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential verification.
For questions or additional information, please contact Julie Cunningham @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Related Jobs (15)
Web Designer – External Relations – Part-Time Temporary (Remote) on June 23, 2022 Remote
Online Adjunct Faculty – Graphic Design and Media Arts on June 22, 2022 Remote