The Remote Bilingual Technical Customer Care Representative (we call Brand Ambassador) is dedicated exclusively to the Owlet Care customer care program and provides customer and technical support for the award-winning company focused on infant wellbeing. Owlet’s innovative products include HD live-streaming monitors and the Smart Sock that tracks heart rate, oxygen levels, and sleep trends, alerting parents and caregivers via a connected base. Intelligent apps available on the iOS and Android platforms provide real-time notifications and historical data with insights into sleep behaviors and infant wellbeing.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) Technical Customer Care Representatives are responsible for assisting customers via all channels (phone, chat, e-mail, SMS) while meeting metrics including quality and customer satisfaction using empathy as a way to engage and build rapport—communicating from the heart, as well as the head. The representative answers questions about products, policies, promotions, and provides general customer service resolution. The Bilingual Technical Customer Care Representative also provides technical support using passion and knowledge of the clients’ brands to ensure an authentic and personal experience that promotes brand loyalty.
The Remote Technical Customer Care Representative provides general customer service including order placement, order tracking, warranty returns, and product advice with a thoughtful, friendly, and empathetic tone. The position also troubleshoots and resolves customer issues including Wi-Fi connectivity, device setup, app setup, and configuration. The team member takes ownership of customer issues and follows through to solve problems while exercising patience and willingness to provide assistance for simple and complex inquiries with positive energy.
This is a remote, work-at-home employment position.
Qualities of Team Members:
Dynamic Communicators –With the voice of our client, team members provide responsive, accurate, and authentic interactions. While resolving technical issues, they simplify the complex, breaking it down to make understandable to those less tech savvy—and maybe even sleep deprived.
Empathetic – Our team members know how a message is conveyed is equally important as what is said. By putting themselves in a new parent’s shoes, they focus on the customer’s experience and connect, human-to-human.
Knowledgeable –Team Members are constantly working on improving skills. When new products are released and apps are updated, we enthusiastically learn how to support new features, functions, and integrations to confidently resolve customer issues. No matter what the issue, no matter how complex, we are problem solvers who welcome and lean into challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Creates positive customer touchpoints using a friendly, respectful, and professional tone while exhibiting genuine empathy
- Accurately follows and complies with all client’s Health and Safety Policies
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information
- Provides customer assistance with device installation and app setup and configuration on both iOS and Android platforms
- Applies high-quality customer service guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Assess customer problems, troubleshoot, and confidently remedy issues including network connectivity and device configuration
- Escalates critical support issues following appropriate policies and procedures
- Retains and conveys deep knowledge and benefits of products and troubleshooting techniques
- Embraces the commitment to customer service and nourishes brand loyalty
- Meets or exceeds all program metrics as outlined in training and manuals (e.g., attendance, quality, sales)
- Bilingual (Fluency) in Spanish and English
- HS Degree or equivalent required. Associate degree or some college preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience required, experience in a virtual contact center a plus
- 6+ months experience with problem-solving and complex troubleshooting in technical support or online Help Desk role
- Experience with troubleshooting apps on both iOS and Android platforms preferred
- Committed to providing excellent customer service and an elevated customer experience
- Ability to collaborate with team members, contribute ideas, opinions, and skills toward the achievement of common goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Polite, friendly, warm, and courteous phone demeanor
- Flexible, adaptable, and willing to take on new challenges
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- Able to type at least 35 words per minute with minimal errors
- Technically savvy with the ability to pick up new technology, processes, and procedures quickly
- Strong comfort level and familiarity with desktop platforms and mobile devices
- Experience working with Bright Pattern or Zendesk (or a comparable customer service ticketing system) preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, adapting easily to changing priorities
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy, ability to multitask, strong sense of urgency, and commitment to excellence
- Due to the home-based nature of this job, the Brand Ambassador is required to have a secure home-office environment, internet access, USB headset, router, modem, and a computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect policies and maintenance requirements, including system upgrades as applicable, which may change over time
- Able to provide a work-at-home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet, and free from distraction
- Able to successfully pass a credit, criminal, and employment reference security checks where permissible by state and local regulations
- Currently reside in AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, NM, NV, OH, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WI
Our next training class is scheduled to begin on or about August 6, 2021. New team members will attend training remotely via web cameras from secure, noise-free, distraction-free home offices that meet our requirements.
We strongly encourage you to check if your home office computer and connection meets our requirements by visiting https://verify.vipdesk.com/
VIPdesk Connect is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA), we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado.
The compensation range for this position is $15.00-$17.00 per hour based on experience and language proficiency skills. VIPdesk Connect offers comprehensive benefits, which may include health insurance, life & AD&D insurance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, and access to other benefit programs. Eligibility for VIPdesk Connect Benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable VIPdesk Connect Benefits plan at a person’s date of hire.
Related Jobs (7)
TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (REMOTE) on July 14, 2021 Remote