AVP, Partner Engagement
- Full Time / Part time: Full time, salaried/exempt, 40 hours/week
- Location: USA, Remote or in a country in which IFSA currently operates that is within convenient time zones and reasonable travel distance to the USA
- Salary: Minimum salary of $100,000 in the USA. Salary is commensurate with skills, experience and geographic location.
- Benefits: Vary by Country. USA: Medical, Dental, Vision, RX and Life insurance; generous paid time off and floating holidays; 403(b) match after first year of employment; generous tuition support for employees and dependents at Butler University after first year of employment. Enjoy flexible work arrangements and an appreciation for work/life balance.
- Reports to: VP, Engagement and Marketing, based out of Florida
Are you a life-long learner, curious about the world around you?
Are you passionate about creating strategies, bringing them to life, and seeing the results drive positive change?
Are you ready to bring your unique skills to a mission-driven organization?
If so, we would love to welcome you to our global community!
The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) was founded in 1988 as a provider of study abroad programming for U.S. undergraduates. With student success in mind, the organization creates global learning environments designed to foster the development of critical perspectives, knowledge and skills essential for students to thrive in the future. Offering more than 100 programs in 19 countries, we draw upon theory and evidence-based practice to create a variety of program models and flexible academic options in alignment with the needs of partners and students. Our commitments to inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact are present in every aspect of our programs.
We are searching for an AVP, Partner Engagement to join our community.
As the AVP, Partner Engagement, you will oversee the Institutional Engagement and Custom Programs teams. The AVP will develop and implement the enrollment strategy targets across all programs offered, with an eye toward identifying and leveraging synergies between programs to develop solutions for our partners and their students. The position will help IFSA expand beyond its established direct enroll provider position to provide study abroad access to new partners and students via IFSA delivered programming, and custom and faculty-led options. You will have responsibility for developing and nurturing institutional relationships and will understand how these institutions make decisions to influence the preference to IFSA programs and services.
Inclusion is a driving passion of our organization. If you share our unwavering commitment to Inclusive Excellence and want to join a community that actively strives to improve in all that we do, IFSA is the place for you.
Learn more about IFSA at https://www.ifsa-butler.org/
In this position, your responsibilities would include:
- Proactively partners with colleagues across the organization to create strategies to drive increased program approvals, enrollment, delivering on IFSA’s brand, mission and commitments.
- Developing and implementing a proactive partner engagement strategy for both Catalog and Custom and Collaborative Programs.
- Overseeing and establishing targets for the remotely-based Institutional Engagement Team, responsible for development, goal-setting, prioritization, etc.
- Monitoring top partners and prospects along with managing agreements, exclusive partner pricing/discounting, participant activity, and program mix to ensure that organizational goals are met.
- Communicating and reinforcing the department goals, mission, vision, and commitments.
- Developing forecasts and reports to track the success of generating program approvals, new schools to the portfolio, and increased participants across IFSA programs – Catalog and Custom.
- Creating and maintaining IFSA’s overarching goals and expectations for site visits, leading the Institutional Engagement and local site teams to execute on the vision and appropriate follow up.
- Developing the engagement and participation strategy for industry conferences, IFSA group site visits, working closely with colleagues across the organization.
- Working with Program Operations and Marketing to develop the communication calendar and aid in the content development and review materials as needed.
- Designing and implementing ongoing Relationship Engagement training plan for the team, including: program (Catalog and Custom) knowledge, process knowledge, reinforcement of our relationship-based engagement strategy to solutions-finding.
- Determining dashboards and reports needed to track progress to goals and report updates to executive leadership; maintain and evolve reports to meet changing organizational needs.
- Providing support as needed for partner concerns or issues when necessary.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
Requirements, Work Experience and Education
- Bachelors degree required and a minimum of 15 years of experience. Desired industries include higher education, international education, non profit, hospitality, relationship management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in leading a team, as well as leading through influence.
- Track record in building and nurturing relationships, sales success and growing businesses
- Strong presentation skills, in person and virtual.
- Ability to plan and implement multiple strategies in support of organizational objectives
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including CRM experience – preferably Salesforce
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders from diverse communities and cultures
- Experience learning from and incorporating the perspectives of diverse peers and communities into decision-making processes.
- Demonstrated success in working with and for diverse colleagues and constituents, including racially, ethnically, identity and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Legal right to work in the USA, or a country within IFSA’s current operations that is time zone and travel convenient for our partners in the USA.
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important perspectives, experiences and skills that we haven’t considered. If this describes you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Physical and Work Environment
- Working on a computer, placing voice/video calls, updating systems, creating and maintaining documents
- Ability to attend frequent meetings outside of local business hours, due to the global nature of our operations
- Travel requirements as needed for planning/team meetings
As an organization that is committed to the personal and intellectual development of students through global education, it is essential that our internal community reflect and reinforce the diverse perspectives and open-mindedness that we hope to instill in our students. In your cover letter, we would like to get a sense of how you define inclusivity, and how you strive to practice this value in your personal and professional life, particularly as you grow and nurture relationships. If possible, please share with us an experience that reflects your commitment to inclusiveness.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume for this position via IFSA’s career page: https://www.ifsa-butler.org/connect-with-us/ifsa-job-openings/
Review of applications will begin immediately and the positions will remain open until filled.
Related Jobs (10)
Director, Advancement Marketing & Communications – WGU Advancement on June 24, 2022 Remote
Senior Technical Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Partner on June 23, 2022 Full Time Remote