We are one growing team with one powerful goal – and as a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. That is why we’re committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all our employees feel welcomed, valued and empowered. Together, we will shape the future of education by transforming lives beginning with yours.
The Associate Dean is a full-time member of the University staff who supports the operational needs, strategic direction and programs of Southern New Hampshire University. You will report to the Executive Director or a Sr. Associate Dean and may lead a team of Technical Faculty. The Associate Dean has knowledge of the assigned academic unit and can help us implement strategic initiatives by bringing to bear their knowledge, strengths, and skills, while ensuring the daily health of academic programs.
The Associate Dean is committed to maximizing the likelihood of learner success in high-quality academic programs. You will ensure alignment with the mission of the University and the Global Campus technology programs. You will need to be well-versed in and connected to the national conversation regarding technology trends and higher education, around learner outcomes, general education, technology education, workforce needs and different learning modalities.
The Associate Dean uses data to support decision-making and continuous improvement. You will help ensure the continuous improvement process and work in close collaboration with our other Associate Deans and other partners throughout the organization.
The Associate Dean is important to ensuring a culture of excellence, while engaging in efforts to develop the next-generation ecosystem of content, technology, systems, improvement opportunities, delivery and faculty models, and assessment strategies as we seek to serve the needs of tomorrow’s learners and employers. You will be assigned accountabilities (long-term, short-term, or special projects) based on:
- Our needs and the needs of the academic unit
- Strengths; technical and behavioral skills and capacity
- Knowledge or academic credential
- Prior demonstration of performance excellence
In this Role You’ll Get To:
- Develop successful technology programs and curriculum through oversight of processes and related artifacts, ensuring efficient curriculum delivery and curriculum relevancy
- Lead program, course, competency, and content development efforts in collaboration with several academic support units, such Learning Sciences and Assessment and the Academic Technology teams
- Lead collaborative efforts across University departments to support learner, faculty, and graduate success, and resolve issues
- Guide learner success and quality within designated programs, courses, and content through data analysis and application
- Participate in academic governance processes, as determined by the institution
- Contribute to professional development activities that support professional growth and the development of a national presence within higher education
- Identify and lead efforts to deliver workforce-relevant micro-credentials, certifications, and badges
- Support experimentation with creative instructional, assessment, and learning resource models
- Collaborate to implement improvements in systems to increase automation, improve data and reporting, ability to grow, reduced cost, and better support collaboration between partners
What we’re Looking For:
- 4 years practical work or leadership experience in the field of Information Technology and at least two years experience with online higher-education
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
- Network+, Security+, Cloud+, CCSP, AWS, Azure, CISSP or other IT-related certifications
- Must know Java or C++, cloud computing, HTML5, SQL Server, UML, virtual platforms, and mobile application development
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies and projects
- Experience working with Agile Scrum or DevOps methodologies
- Experience building technology programs and courses
- Doctorate or terminal degree
Thinking about the job, but not sure you should apply? We still want to hear from you.
We recognize that not everyone enters the world of work with the same advantage, opportunity, and privilege. This is why your skills and experiences are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just might be the person we are looking for!
Who Are We?
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners. By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives-beginning with yours.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that a background check is required for employment.
Related Jobs (68)
Interactive Learning Content Developer – WGU Academy on September 24, 2022 Remote
Financial Aid Officer (Hybrid -2 days remote/temp-hire) on September 24, 2022 Remote