Job Number: JR-008271
Location: Home Office
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
** Internal applicants must apply by August 31st, 11:59 PM MT**
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- P&L ownership experience with managing over $25M+ P&L
- Drive a culture of continuous experimentation, measurement, and learning from data to rapidly improve the quality and delivery to students
- Strong people leader to directly or indirectly lead a diverse team of 50+ people including academic program leaders, instructional faculty, and student coaches/mentors
- Influences Others and Communicates Effectively: Communicates to improve and promote teamwork, decision making, and problem solving. Listens and responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Adjusts message and style to fit the audience. Provides timely and helpful feedback. Communicates appropriately to win support with all audiences.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains buy-in, trust and support of others.
- Manages Ambiguity: Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide to act without the total picture. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Drives for Results: Has a strong outcomes-based orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of successfully achieving goals. Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Has a continuous improvement mindset.
- Builds Effective Teams: Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mixes of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team. Creates a team that works well cross-functionally.
- Organizational Learning: Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on challenges of unfamiliar tasks. Extracts lessons-learned from failures and mistakes. Expands knowledge base through ongoing curiosity.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Deep understanding of how students learn and combining innovative curriculum and student support strategies to drive student success
- Customer or student obsession with a focus on driving successful outcomes for them
- Industry or academic leader in the discipline Cyber Security
- Understanding of the industry trends, job opportunities, and educational market trends in the discipline
- Credible voice of the department in external partnerships and presentation opportunities
- Strong people leader to directly or indirectly lead a diverse team of 25+ people including academic program leaders, instructional faculty, and student coaches/mentors
- Execution focus with the ability to dive-deep and live in the details with a fast-paced weekly execution cadence
- Ability to organize and coordinate activities and results across cross-functional teams
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports
- Ability to collaborate with and manage teams, including those in a remote environment, while demonstrating excellence, integrity, and respect
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to be an agent of change in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to analyze data to identify trends and drive innovation
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- PhD in Information Technology or a related engineering/technical field with 10+ years of experience, or MS in Computer Information Technology or a related engineering/technical field with 15+ years of combined industry and academic experience
- 5 years of senior leadership experience with hands-on experience in hiring, managing, and scaling significant teams
- Experience with delivering non-degree offerings on various education platforms
- Experience with startups, SaaS companies, or other similar fast-paced and rapidly changing organizations
- Executive presence and judgement with demonstrated experience presenting to executive management or boards of large organizations
- Experience in higher-education organizations with a focus on building and delivering programs
- Experience with EdTech platforms
- Ability to travel is required.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.