The Application Developer position is the key role in administering and maintaining all aspects of the administrative systems for BGSU, including Adobe Experience Manager and OnBase. This position is required to be able to write functional and technical specifications as well as code and perform unit tests.
This position will be a remote position open to Full-Time US Residents authorized to work within the US. The position is required to work primary during US EST business hours.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and write technical specifications, program code and unit test documents for conversion and support of reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements. This involves the following:
- Create technical specifications detailing the system work necessary to implement functional specifications provided by the user. This would include conversion, new development, and support projects.
- Use technical specifications to create or change program code in the appropriate software, following BGSU standards.
- Write unit test plans.
- Execute the test plan and resolve any errors until the process is error free.
- Document the outcome from the execution of the test plan.
- Update and maintain accuracy of project documentation and work flow as well as provide information necessary for project manager to stay informed about progress.
- Perform analysis, identify problems and potential solutions, make recommendations and evaluate results as they relate to development, enhancement, and maintenance of both manual and automated processes. Communication with appropriate personnel at BGSU and outside hardware and software vendors may be necessary during this process.
- Provide and maintain documentation for any changed processes that affect users. Create and maintain documentation for work related practices to be used by other developers so BGSU standards can be maintained.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology such as changing program languages, equipment and systems. Stay abreast of new technical developments and information system trends by means of self-study and participation in courses, seminars and conferences.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Ability to effectively handle multi-task projects and assignments
- Skilled in analyzing, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to learn new skills, techniques and programming languages
- Ability to follow standards and procedures for the organization
- Skilled in effective verbal and written communications
- Understands workings of relational databases; skilled with SQL tools and techniques
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How do you engage others in equity, diversity, and/or inclusion work?
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 2 years of writing technical specifications and assisting with functional specifications
- 2 years of writing test documents and revising functional and/or technical specifications
- 3-4 years of program development experience
The following experience is preferred:
- Knowledge of current programming languages and methodologies
- Experience working with API’s and Web Services(REST/SOAP)
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle/MS SQL Server)
- Experience with version control such as Git, Subversion
- Experience with OnBase or other Enterprise Document Management software
- Experience with responsive web design
Full-time, Administrative staff position available working remotely within the US. Administrative Grade Level I55. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: September 16, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Related Jobs (19)
Mathematical Statistics Practice Question Writer (Contract) on November 11, 2021 Part Time Remote
Clinical Instructor-PMHNP(Eligible for $2,500 sign on Bonus) on November 11, 2021 Part Time Remote