Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-010707
Location: Home OfficeIf you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Current WGU employees should submit an internal application before 5/17/2022 to be considered.
We are looking for a creative, brilliant, passionate, enthusiastic, and experienced Android Engineer to join the WGU DigitalX team who can design and deliver mobile applications with a sharp customer focus. The Android Engineer will be part of a highly talented next-generation platform team to build cutting-edge mobile experiences for our students and staff.
The Android Engineer is responsible for the research, design, development, analysis, testing, and implementation of software and application systems. They communicate project information to multiple partners and stakeholders. They write comprehensive handoff documentation. They support team members and ensure established goals and deadlines are met.
What you’ll do…
- Roughly 85-95% hands-on coding
- Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, and various business units to drive forward results
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
- Result oriented mindset with an affinity to produce high-quality code
- Have a customer-focused mindset
What you’ll need…
- Strong Experience with Kotlin ( preferred ) and/or Java and Android SDK
- Experience optimizing mobile location services in Android
- Experience working on social apps with social media API integrations
- Experience with Espresso and Unit Testing
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with agile workflow and Git based repositories
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
Note : Minimum 2+ years of exp in all above.
Why join WGU?
- You will be part of a growing, diverse, inclusive workforce, committed to creating pathways to a better life for our students by expanding access to education for everyone
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize our strength lies in our people and commit to creating an inclusive environment where all can thrive, regardless of race, age, gender orientation, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.
Related Jobs (105)
Part Time Faculty Support and Communications Facilitator on May 17, 2022 Remote