Category: IT Manager/Director
Job Number: R0009883
We are one growing team with one powerful goal – and as a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. That is why we’re committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all our employees feel welcomed, valued and empowered. Together, we will shape the future of education by transforming lives beginning with yours.
Our Workforce Is Expanding Beyond New Hampshire!
We have remote work opportunities available in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.
The Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master will collaborate with partners to deliver high-quality learning experiences. Together with Program Managers, you will provide project management support for academic program development. This includes leading development teams using Scrum / Agile frameworks and project management practices. This encompasses facilitating teams to develop product releases according to product development and launch timelines. You will work with project team members, some of whom are new to the Scrum Methodology, to apply, Agile practices and principles to an existing project management methodology. The Scrum Master facilitates the project team’s development activities, works to remove impediments, and provides servant leadership to the development team. You will work with project partners and development team members to help prioritize the backlog for a product to ensure successful project execution. Your role will involve implementing details of modified sprint-based processes including backlog management, planning, building quality, and facilitating retrospectives. You will lead daily standups, manage project schedules, and report on progress. In this remote role you will report to the Director of Agile Development.
In this Role You’ll Get To:
- Apply working knowledge of project management and Agile practices and values.
- Assess team readiness and coach on scrum methodologies, processes, and best practices.
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective meetings, and backlog refinements.
- Handle daily impediment resolution.
- Communicate, both written and verbally, within development teams and across teams.
- Provide regular updates on project status.
- Manage conflict resolution at all levels within an organization.
- Other responsibilities as assigned and based on our needs.
- Where applicable, understand and apply fundamentals of software development procedures to academic program/course development projects and processes.
- Apply iterative development strategies to ongoing academic program development projects.
- Identify issues as they arise and share them with the project team and leadership for resolution.
- Support the Product Owner, designers, architects, sponsors, Program Managers, and other partners to deliver the product.
- Monitor the progress of deliverables to deadlines throughout the project lifecycle
What we’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Scrum Master certification
- 3+ years of progressive project management/Agile responsibilities
- Experience using standard project management and change management practices and methodologies
- Ability to create solutions and ideas that add value.
- Experience maintaining collaborative working relationships with leadership, team members, and project team
- Ability to deliver rich, business insights to guide our decisions
- Experience with agile and project management software like Jira, SharePoint, and MS Project
Thinking about the job, but not sure you should apply? We still want to hear from you.
We recognize that not everyone enters the world of work with the same advantage, opportunity, and privilege. This is why your skills and experiences are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just might be the person we are looking for!
Are Benefits Important to You?
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays
A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
Who Are We?
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners. By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives-beginning with yours.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Remote work disclaimer
Please note that this is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask that our remote employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location within the United States (in one of the approved states as reflected above) that is free of distractions and dependencies.
Please note that a background check is required for employment.
Related Jobs (88)
Part Time Assistant Professor, School of Business – Accounting on November 24, 2022 Remote