Sutherland is seeking a reliable and organized person to join us as an Associate – Finance and Accounting. We are a group of driven and hard-working individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
Associates in this role get to:
Be the expert: Perform intermediate level clerical accounting duties: analysis and individual judgement in the application of routine calculations; verifications; and posting procedures to recurring assignments. Tasks of general accounting: accounts payable, accounts receivable, or any combination of these areas. Check completeness and mathematical accuracy of routine accounting documents. Identify discrepancies and determine alternative courses of action. Post accounting information where the identification and location of postings are standardized and involve choices among easily recognizable situations. Classify and or code transactions to appropriate accounts: assemble, analyze, and audit various accounts (e.g., make standard reconciliations).
Strengthen relationships: Develop contacts outside immediate work area for such purposes as obtaining, verifying, or providing information concerning accounting documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 5+ years of related work experience; or
- Formal, specialized, job-related training with 5+ years related work experience
- Proficiency with various software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be customer service oriented
- Some analytical skills to identify problems in business processes and to develop workable solutions. May require assistance to determine cross functional impact
- Knowledge of company and departmental practice and procedures related to department activities
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping procedures