Academic Center Tutor, MathJob Description
This is a part-time virtual position with a work schedule of approximately 10 – 15 hours per week and may include a combination of day, evening and weekend shifts.
Academic Center Tutors provide synchronous and asynchronous tutoring support services for Purdue University Global students. Tutors are responsible for creating a positive, supportive environment and providing specialized content knowledge assistance that helps students progress in their coursework and overall academic success. Tutors provide accurate and timely feedback on paper and project reviews, provide students with helpful academic resources, facilitate group study sessions, teach basic study and learning skills, and otherwise contribute to positive student learning experiences and student success. Tutoring specialization in Mathematics.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provides a warm, student-empowering learning environment
- Perform weekly tutoring sessions in accordance with established schedule and consistent with Purdue University Global’s academic standards guidelines and tutoring policies, and provide accurate, consistent student-centered feedback in a timely manner.
- Participates in development projects and manage projects in absence of Academic Center Specialist
- Revise, create, and enhance tutorials and reference materials and web spaces
- Promote center services across the institution as directed
- Engage in relevant professional development, which is planned and approved by direct supervisor
- Attend department meetings, teleconferences, and trainings as assigned
- Comply with Purdue University Global Academic policies and procedures
- Perform other job-related duties or projects as assigned
- Masters degree in Math from a regionally accreditated institution.
- 3-5 years experience. Minimum three years experience teaching or practice in field.
- Practiced knowledge of MS Office and Google suite.
- Ability to manage multiple emails accounts; Ability to adapt to changing technical demands; familiar with video creation and editing a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a commitment to students.
- Provide a positive student-centered atmosphere with patience and understanding.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
Location Remote/Nationwide, USA
Employee Type Employee
Job Functional Area Tutors
Business Unit BU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Purdue University Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Jobs (53)
Full-Time Academic Coach | Proofreading Specialist on July 14, 2021 Full Time Remote
Senior Software Engineer C/C++ Wireless – REMOTE TEXAS on June 24, 2021 Remote